Christian W. Konrad
Christian W. Konrad
Place of residence
- commercial agreements in general
- energy law
- infrastructural projects
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- real estate, construction
Adwokat w Austrii (Rechtsanwalt); Solicitor w Anglii i Walii; Euroadwokat w Republice Czeskiej i Republice Słowacji
- 2000: Bar examination (with distinction), Vienna Bar Association;
- 2000-2001: Master of Laws (International Business Law), University of London – King’s College;
- 1999-2001: PhD in Law (Doctor Iuris), University of Vienna – Law School;
- 1998-1999: Clerkships, various courts in Vienna (District Court Josefstadt, Labour and Social-Security Court, Commercial Court);
- 1991-1997: Master of Jurisprudence (Magister Iuris), University of Vienna – Law School.
- 2009: Founding Partner of Konrad & Partners – Attorneys at law (Vienna, Bratislava, Skopje, Prague, London);
- 2006-2009: Counsel, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (London and Vienna), International Arbitration Group;
- 2001-2005: Senior Associate, Austrian Advocates Alliance (Vienna), Department of International Dispute Resolution;
- 1994-2000: General Counsel, Constructa Bau GmbH – Real Estate Developing and Construction Company Ltd (Vienna);
- 1996-2000: Senior Consultant, Ing. Egon Probst Immobilien GmbH – Broker’s Agency (Vienna);
- 1991-1993: Employee, Allgemeine Beteiligungs- und Handels GmbH – Trading and Investment House (Manila and Vienna), Accountancy.
- Christian W. Konrad focuses on complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. He has extensive experience with arbitral practice, procedure and advocacy both in civil and common law systems and has represented international organisations and businesses in a broad range of disputes over subjects including long-term energy contracts, complex construction contracts, concession agreements, insurance claims, entitlements to natural resources, immunity from jurisdiction, infrastructure projects, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- He frequently acts as arbitrator and chairman of tribunals in ad-hoc arbitrations and before major arbitral institutions (including ICC, LCIA and VIAC), at multiple seats and governed by a broad variety of substantive and procedural laws.
Membership in organizations
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Fellow),
- The Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Freeman),
- London Court of International Arbitration,
- London Arbitration Club,
- Austrian Arbitration Association,
- Founding Chairman of the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP),
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA),
- Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (DIS),
- Society of Advanced Legal Studies (University of London),
- International Fiscal Association,
- International Association for Contract and Commercial Managers (IACCM),
- Juristenverband Vienna.
- Unchartered Waters – the Protection of Foreign Energy Investments in CEE”, Issue 2, Commercial Dispute Resolution News 2013
- “Investment Treaty Arbitration Overview – Austria”, Global Arbitration Review 2012
- “Schiedsverfahrensrecht”, Liebscher/Oberhammer/Rechberger, Springer Verlag 2011
- “The International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration 2011, Austria”, 8th Edition, Global Legal Group 2011
- “Investment Arbitration in the CEE Region”, Issue 5, Commercial Dispute Resolution News 2011
- “The Vienna Rules – A Commentary on International Arbitration in Austria”, Kluwer Law International 2009 (co-author).