- antimonopoly law
- commercial agreements in general
- distribution and franchise agreements
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- I received my LLB and LLM (cum laude) from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO). I was also one of the youngest practitioners worldwide to complete the CIARb Oxford Diploma Course.
- I am a civil-law qualified lawyer with more than 10 years of experience in international dispute resolution.
- In 2019, I founded my solo practice ‘Putilin Dispute Management’ advising the clients on alternative and conventional dispute resolution methods.
- Prior to founding PDM, I worked with the Asian International Arbitration Centre to implement the arbitral reform in Malaysia. Before joining the AIAC,
- I practiced from Clifford Chance and Squire Patton Boggs, holding the positions of Senior Associate and Associate.
- I combine my practice with academia and am an adjunct professor at several universities in Central and South-East Asia.
- Over the span of my career, I have represented and/or advised parties in more than 40 arbitral proceedings and/or arbitration-related litigation (SCAI, ICC, LCIA, SCC, ICAC (Russia), AAA-ICDR Rules).
- I have also acted as a tribunal secretary (shadow) for one of the most in demand arbitrators in the APAC region (ad hoc and ICC Rules) and recently have been appointed the Sole Arbitrator under the TRAC Rules.
- As part of the AIAC, I oversaw more than 3000 adjudications, mediations, domain name dispute and arbitral proceeding, advising the Director, the parties, neutrals, and case counsel on all procedural aspects of the case.
- I was also one of the principal drafters of the 2018 Amendments to the Malaysian Arbitration Act 2005 and have recently provided my comments on the Uzbekistan Bill ‘On International Commercia Arbitration’.
Membership in organizations
- I am a member of the Tashkent International Arbitration Centre’s Court of Arbitration, responsible for taking decision on all procedural matters under the TIAC’s Rules; and the President of the Central Asian Arbitration Association.
- I am HKIAC and ACICA accredited tribunal secretary and empaneled arbitrator with the Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre, International Arbitration Court under the Kyrgyz Chamber of Commerce and the CIARb Business Arbitration Scheme.
- I am a Fellow of the CIArb and an Ambassador of the Racial Equality for Arbitration Lawyers.
- Co-editor / author: International Investment Law and Arbitration in Central Asia (Kluwer Law International, Forthcoming, Autumn 2021);
- Author: AIAC Arbitration Rules: A Commentary (Kluwer Law International, Forthcoming, Autumn 2021);
- Author: A Guide to Malaysian Investment Treaties (Sweet & Maxwell, Forthcoming, Autumn 2021);
- Author: 2119: An Arbitral Odyssey or Proliferation of International Arbitration of Space-Related Disputes’ in ‘A Brand New World: The Evolution and Future of Arbitration’, CIARb, (2020);
- Contributor, S. Rajoo, WSW Davidson, ‘The Arbitration Act 2005: the UNCITRAL Model Law as applied in Malaysia’, (Sweet & Maxwell Asia) (2018);
- Co-author, ‘Immunities and Privileges in Practice: A Tale of How to (Not) Apply Them in Practice’, Czech Yearbook of International Law, (2020).