Year of birth
- commercial agreements in general
- company law
- distribution and franchise agreements
- energy law
- infrastructural projects
- labor law, management contracts
- media and new technologies
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- pharmaceutical law
- real estate, construction
- LL.M., New York University, 1995;
- J.D. in corporate law (Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires), University of Paris-X, 1994; Master in English and American legal studies (Diplôme d’Études Juridiques Appliquées en Droit Anglo-Américain), University of Paris-X, 1994.
- Founder of Castineira (with offices in Paris, France, and Berlin, Germany), created in February 2010ł
- Counsel to the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris, France (2002-2010)ł
- Attorney, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Paris, France (2001-2002);
- Attorney, Andersen Legal, Paris, France (1996-2001), including secondments to a premier foreign law firm and one of the firm’s largest and most important clients;
- Experience both in corporate, transactional matters and dispute resolution.
- Has spent almost 100% of his time on arbitration matters since 2002. Has served as arbitrator (sole arbitrator, co-arbitrator and chairman) and party counsel in both institutional (including ICC) and ad hoc (including UNCITRAL) cases. Has experience in arbitration-related state court proceedings (enforcement and challenge of awards, interim measures).
- Gave numerous conferences and trainings on international arbitration matters to arbitration professionals, judges and in-house counsel.
- Taught international arbitration at various universities in English, French and Spanish, including University of Paris II-Assas, France (2003-2009, 2012), University of Versailles, Saint-Quentin, France (2006-2008), Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada (2006-2010), University of Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico (2011).
Membership in organizations
- Member of various arbitration institutions, including AFA (Association Française d’Arbitrage, Paris, France);
- CEPANI (Centre Belge d’Arbitrage et de Médiation, Brussels, Belgium);
- Chambre Franco-Allemande de Commerce et d’Industrie (Paris, France);
- Club Español de Arbitraje (Madrid, Spain);
- CIARB (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, U.K.);
- CPR (International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution, N.Y.C., N.Y., U.S.A.);
- ICC (International Chamber of Commerce, Paris, France, including the ICC Commission on Arbitration, ICC France, ICC Latin American Arbitration Group);
- LCIA (the London Court of International Arbitration, London, U.K.).
- “The Language of the Arbitration: Reflections on the Selection of Arbitrators and Procedural Efficiency”, ICC International Court of Arbitration Bulletin, Vol. 17/No. 1, 2006, p. 33-42 (co-author; published in French and English);
- “The Role of the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Determining the Parties to an ICC Arbitration”, Croatian Arbitration Yearbook, Vol. 13, 2006, p. 223-228;
- “L’expérience transnationale de la CCI au regard des systèmes de droits procéduraux”, Paris Place de Droit, 2006, p. 199-210;
- “Colloque de Francarbi sur l’éthique dans l’arbitrage – Compte rendu”, Revue de l’arbitrage, Vol. 1, 2012, p. 225-232;
- “The Emergency Arbitrator in the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration”, The Paris Journal of International Arbitration, Vol. 1, 2012, p. 65-98;
- “Quién tiene competencia para otorgar medidas cautelares en un arbitraje internacional: Situación actual y aspectos del futuro”, Arbitraje internacional: Pasado, presente y futuro, Libro Homenaje a Bernardo Cremades e Yves Derains, Vol. II, Instituto Peruano de Arbitraje, 2013, p. 817-843.