Place of residence
- commercial agreements in general
- company law
- finance, banking
- infrastructural projects
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- real estate, construction
- shipbuilding and sea transport
Solicitor-Advocate (Anglia i Walia) Rechtsanwalt (Niemcy) Solicitor (Irlandia) Solicitor (Irlandia Północna) Tłumacz przysięgły języka angielskiego / niemieckiego (Niemcy)
- LLB (Hons), The College of Law of England and Wales;
- MA (Hons), University of St Andrews;
- MPhil, University of Cambridge;
- Marie-Curie Research Fellowship, University of Cambridge.
- Since 2015 – Senior Associate, K&L Gates LLP (London and Frankfurt);
- Since 2015 – Visiting Lecturer in international commercial law, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz (Austria);
- Since 2013 – Solicitor to Clare Hall, University of Cambridge;
- 2008 – 2015, Associate, White & Case LLP (London, Berlin and Moscow).
- I have acted as counsel in about 20 international arbitrations, many with a focus on Central and Eastern Europe. I have experience with proceedings under the rules of inter alia the LCIA, ICC and DIS, as well as with ad-hoc arbitrations (both under UNCITRAL Rules and without rules). I have also assisted clients with investor-state disputes.
- In addition to arbitration, I have substantial experience with commercial litigation, including as an advocate in the English and German courts. I have acted in a number of arbitration claims in the High Court of England and Wales under the Arbitration Act 1996.
- I regularly advise clients in relation to the enforcement of arbitral awards under the New York Convention.
Membership in organizations
- Arbitrators’ Company;
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- DIS (German Arbitration Institution);
- Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates.
Several publications on arbitration-related topics (see website for details).