Place of residence
- antimonopoly law
- commercial agreements in general
- distribution and franchise agreements
- finance, banking
- infrastructural projects
- real estate, construction
Legal Counsel, profesor prawa
- Since 2008 deputy director – Institute of International Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, Warsaw University;
- 2006 full professor;
- 1999-2002 director – Institute of International Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, Warsaw University;
- 1995 – habilitation; since 1993 head – Department and later Chair of International Private and Commercial Law, Institute of International Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, Warsaw University;
- 1987-1999 deputy director – Institute of International Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, Warsaw University;
- since 1987 expert – Commission for Reform of Civil Law and later Commission for Codification of Civil Law by Minister of Justice;
- 1980 – doctorate;
- since 1980 adviser and later counselor at law in Polish Chamber of Foreign Trade and later in renowned law offices;
- 1977 judge certificate;
- 1973 master degree.
Since over 25 years arbitrator in domestic and international commercial arbitration.
Membership in organizations
- Friends of the Hamburg Max-Planck-Institute for Comparative and Private International Law,
- International Law Association (Polish Branch),
- National Chamber of Councellors at Law,
- Polish Amicable Resolution’s Association,
- Polish-German Lawyers Association,
- Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum.
- Industrial co-operation contracts with Western firms. Chosen legal problems, Warsaw 1982; Codifications of private international law, Warsaw 1991; Legal issues of transformation in Poland, editors J. Eregger, J. Poczobut, M. Wyrzykowski, Cracow 1995;
- Leasing contracts in domestic and international law, Warsaw 1994; Leasing contract, Warsaw 2002;
- International and domestic commercial arbitration on the threshold of 21st century. Liber amicorum Tadeusz Szurski, edited by P. Nowaczyk, S. Pieckowski, J. Poczobut, A. Szumański, Warsaw 2008;
- Conflict of laws issues In international commercial arbitration, in: System of commercial law, vol. 8, edited by A. Szumański, Warsaw 2010.