- commercial agreements in general
- corporate law
- energy law
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- 2000/1 University of Southampton – Faculty of Law – Southampton (U.K.) LL.M in Maritime and Commercial Law;
- 1996/00 Università degli Studi di Genova – Facoltà di Giurisprudenza – Genoa (Italy) Laurea in Legge.
- 2021: Founder of Forgione Law Limited, London, UK, a legal boutique offering advisory and arbitration services;
- 2019: Consultant at Rocktree Logistics Pte Ltd, Singapore;
- 2018: General Counsel at Petro Services Group, Monaco;
- 2009-17: General Counsel at Scorpio Group, Monaco / New York;
- 2007-9: Counsel at Constellation Energy Commodities Group, London, UK;
- 2000-03: Trainee / Associate, Studio Legale Forgione, Genoa, Italy.
In addition, I had two stints in academia, first as Tutor in International Trade Law and Admiralty Law at University College London (U.K.) in 2004 and subsequently as Visiting Lecturer in International Trade Law at King’s College (U.K.) in 2008.
- 10 Arbitrations as lead in-house counsel managing external counsels acting for claimants or respondents, with a mix of shipping and energy disputes (LMAA / ICC / Ad hoc);
- 1 Arbitration as sole counsel, acting for claimants (SCMA Singapore);
- 6 Appointments as Sole Arbitrator (NAM, NY).
Membership in organizations
- 2019, Elected to the Panel of Arbitrators of the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution (for Commodity Trading, Shipping & Finance);
- 2019, Elected to the Panel of Arbitrators of the National Arbitration and Mediation (NAM);
- 2019, Member of the Documentary Commitee of the Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO);
- 2019, Registered as available for appointment with Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce;
- 2018, Member of the Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA) and elected to the Panel of Arbitrators;
- 2018, Registered as available for appointment with Camera Arbitrale di Milano (CAM);
- 2017, Supporting Member of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA), accepting appointment;
- 2017, Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (CIArb);
- 2009, Admitted in England and Wales (“Solicitor”);
- 2006, Admitted in Italy (“Avvocato”).
- Study Guide to International Trade Law published by the University of London, UK, in 2005 and edited by Prof. Michael Bridge, now Emeritus Professor of Law at London School of Economics;
- When published, the guide was the primary course material for the Master of Laws (LLM) in International Trade Law offered by the University of London. The course focused on all aspects of the sale and purchase of commodities, including transportation and finance.