Place of residence
- commercial agreements in general
- company law
- labor law, management contracts
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- real estate, construction
- Master degree in law
- Principal Baker&McKenzie, August 2002 — Present
Marcin Gmaj is a partner of Baker & McKenzie Gruszczyński & Partners in Warsaw and heads its Corporate group including M&A, general corporate and commercial, securities and litigation practices. Currently he holds the position of Managing Partner.
He specializes in business and share transactions, takeovers, restructurings and privatization. He has participated in a number of major privatization transactions and foreign investment projects. He has been involved in the acquisition and restructuring of both Polish state-owned and private enterprises. Additionally he has represented clients in civil, commercial and post-acquisition litigation cases, pending before arbitration and common courts including at enforcement stage.
- Dewey Ballantine, Grzesiak, Redziniak, Gmaj sp. k., July 2000 — August 2002
Partner in charge of corporate and real estate practices.
- Marcin Gmaj has represented clients in civil, commercial and post-acquisition litigation cases, pending before arbitration and common courts including at enforcement stage.
Membership in organizations
- Warsaw Bar of Advocates
- „Enterprise as an object of sale” – Palestra.
- „Act on Public Procurement” – East European and CIS Legal Update.
- “Business Operations in Poland”, co-author – Tax Management Inc. America’s Tax Authority.
- “How EU Accession will affect M&A activity” – Contact.
- “Sparks Over the Atlantic” – Warsaw Voice.
- “Our First Year in the EU” – Warsaw Voice.