- antimonopoly law
- commercial agreements in general
- company law
- distribution and franchise agreements
- finance, banking
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Humanistic Gymnasium – Commercial Apprenticeship in Transportation and Shipping – Extensive Studies of Law and Economics – Academic and Professorial Career in several countries – for details see: http://martinek.jura.uni-saarland.de/
- Master of Comp. Law (New York Univ.), Hon.-Prof. (Univ. Johannesburg);
- Professor of Private and Commercial Law, Comparative Law and Private International Law at University of Saarland, Saarbruecken, Germany;
- Director of the Institute of European law.
- Experience from 14 arbitration tribunals: 8 international cases (2 ICC cases), 4 German cases, 1 South African case and 1 Swiss case.
Membership in organizations
- Membership in all relevant professional organizations and associations (ca. 20).
- Author and editor of 25 books (monographies, handbooks etc., treatises etc.);
- Author of more than 200 articles and contributions in law journals, books etc., published mainly in Germany, but some also in South Africa, France, Romania, China, Japan, Korea, Poland.